Why Choose Secondary Glazing?
The science behind secondary glazing
If you’re in need of secondary glazing for existing windows in Melbourne, Stop Heat Loss has the perfect solution for you. Here are just a few reasons why retrofit double glazing can benefit you and shield your home from the cold in winter and the heat in summer as well as unwanted noise:
- The ability to form a large 70 – 100mm air gap between your existing glass, and the secondary glass.
- It has dense weather pile seals on both sides of the sash to keep the heat in and cold out in winter, visa versa in summer and also to reduce noise infiltration and provide ultimate protection all year round.
- The large air space between the 2 panels of glass creates a cushioning and insulating effect.
The noise level will drop by 10 decibels in most cases which is perceived as a 50% reduction in noise levels.
- The use of other products like roller shutters, heavier glass and cheaper quality double glazed units will not give you the same result as our secondary glazing when it comes to insulation and noise reduction. Secondary glazing windows costs won’t break the bank, but like everything to do with your home – it’s worth investing in quality.
- The current building codes require you to insulate your roof and walls, but not the windows. In most cases the windows only have 3mm thick glass so it makes perfect sense to insulate.
With the simple options right in front of you, now is the perfect time to add secondary glazing to existing windows for window insulation in Melbourne and soundproofing . Stop Heat Loss are an experienced team that guarantee to deliver a high quality finish you can rely on. You shouldn’t be put off by add on doubled glazed windows costs – call us today on 1800 744 589 and talk to our friendly team about our affordable rates.
By creating the largest possible airspace you will achieve maximum results; this is how our system is more beneficial for window insulation over replacement double glazed windows or window films.